of THE SAFFRON STITCH LTD t/a THE SAFFRON STITCH, Unit 1, St John's Barn, Griffin Farm, Conger Lane, Toddington, LU5 6BT
Who we are and how to contact us
The Directors at The Saffron Stitch are the data controllers of the personal information we hold about you.
How do we collect your personal information?
We only collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include purchasing online, over the phone, in person when you sign up to receive emails from us. We also look at how customers use our website, so that we can offer the best possible experience.
We collect your data:
- When you purchase from us at www.thesaffronstitch.co.uk we ask for, and collect, personal information such as your name, billing and delivery address, telephone number, email address, files uploaded to our website including all metadata contained within the files, items ordered and payment method.
- If you set up an online account with us, we will also store your password.
- If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will request and store your email address.
- If you enter any competition or complete a survey (that we send you for research purposes) run by The Saffron Stitch.
- The Saffron Stitch and third-party providers of advertisements may also collect information regarding your visit to www.thesaffronstitch.co.uk. This may include where you are geographically, how you were referred to us (e.g. search engines or email marketing), your browser and device type, the pages you viewed, the duration of your visit and any search terms used. This information may be collected even if you do not register an account with us.
- When you contact The Saffron Stitch by telephone or email.
- When you visit www.thesaffronstitch.co.uk The Saffron Stitch web server may automatically record your public internet protocol (‘IP’) address.
- Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Why we collect your personal information and how we use it
At The Saffron Stitch we like to get to know our customers so we can improve your shopping experience. We use information about you in a number of ways, including providing services that you have requested, offering you a personalised experience and exciting The Saffron Stitch news. We might also use the information we have to contact you about any information we might need to process your orders, returns or queries. For more information, see below:
To carry out our business and to provide a service with you:
Fulfilment of and delivery of products and services you have ordered. We may share your personal information with our delivery partners and our resident tailor.
- To process payments. The Saffron Stitch does not hold or store any payment card numbers as we use third party payment processors.
- To contact you with important information relating to your purchase, such as confirming your order, reviews on our products or services, letting you know about returns and refunds.
- We will contact you back regarding an enquiry you made to us through one of our contact us forms, or social media. We will respond via the email address or contact telephone number provided.
Where we have your consent:
- To send you special offers, our latest news, and promotions that may be of interest if you have consented for us to do so or we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving these messages at any time – see below for more details. We share your personal information with our third-party email marketing provider MailChimp.
- To show you advertising on such Social Media platforms as Facebook and Instagram or via other third party advertising that may appear on other websites you use. Online advertising channels we may use are: digital display, search engine marketing, paid social – these are all on third party sites or platforms.
- If successful when entering any of our competitions or prize draws we will contact you by email to notify you.
Where we have justifiable reason (legitimate interest):
- Respond to customer service and sales enquiries raised online, social media or over the phone.
- Conduct postal marketing. We share your personal information with third party postal providers who assist us in delivering our postal marketing campaigns to you, including the Post Office.
- Any information we collect about customers’ browsing and buying habits is used for statistical analysis and to continuously improve the The Saffron Stitch website and the products and services offered to our customers.
- To assist in the detection and prevention of fraud.
- Our courier services have selected access to your details for delivery purposes only.
What are your rights?
Right of access – You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed and request access to your personal data.
You can make a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing to:
The Saffron Stitch, Unit 1, St John's Barn, Griffin Farm, Conger Lane, Toddington, LU5 6BT
In the first instance we will provide a copy of the information free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable administration fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or to comply with requests for further copies of the same information although this does not mean that we will charge for all subsequent access requests.
We will respond without delay and within one month of your request. We can extend the time to respond by a further two months where requests are complex or numerous. If this is the case, we will inform you of this within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
If you would like us to remove your account and all personal data stored please email us with your request to email@example.com
How to unsubscribe from marketing communications?
Marketing communications may be sent either electronically via email or physically through the post. We would be sad to say goodbye, but if at any point you do not wish to hear from us there are a number of ways you can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us.
If you do not wish to continue to receive email marketing from us, click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link on our email newsletter.
Alternatively, you can contact us on 01525 643510 Monday to Friday: 9am-5pm or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Third party links and services
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
SSL and encryption
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure your information is protected to the highest standards. We use encryption to safeguard your personal information and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology – this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. All payments are encrypted throughout by our third-party payment providers.